PDA

View Full Version : Lost Avatar

v.wells
29-05-2010, 1:53 AM
I just suddenly realized my avatar was gone! Does this mean no one liked it and I must now find another one? :)

Procat
29-05-2010, 2:15 AM
I just suddenly realized my avatar was gone! Does this mean no one liked it and I must now find another one? :)

Hi Vanessa, I can see a flower of some sort - is that what you mean? (I have no idea what sort it is as I am only familiar with dead flowers as that is all I can grow in my garden).

Can you see mine? if not go to your profile, then General Settings and make sure that under Thread Display Options you have Show Avatars selected.

v.wells
29-05-2010, 2:24 AM
Doug - I Never touched anything to make my lovely red/white carnation disappear and all the boxes are ticked. I'm using Firefox - I wonder if that has affected things? I will switch browsers and see what happens.

Waitabit
29-05-2010, 2:26 AM
I still see it Vanessa. pink & lovely as ever.

v.wells
29-05-2010, 2:33 AM
I still see it Vanessa. pink & lovely as ever.

Well that took forever to get back and I see it clearly now - just like the song. Hmm, yesterday in Firefox I had to clear my cache and cookies for another website which I was having trouble with and I wonder if that did something. Ctrl + F5 is the one to press to do that isn't it? Why do all the wierd things happen to me? :) I shall see if the other "problem" site is better with this browser IE7.

The peregrine site was up finally and I have switched back over to Firefox and I NOW see my carnation and my peregrine's so must be some type of pc ghost goblin at work!

Waitabit
29-05-2010, 3:22 AM
Why do all the wierd things happen to me? :) I shall see if the other "problem" site is better with this browser IE7.

So you can tell us about it for our entertainment?? :biggrin:

busyglen
29-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Strangely, on my profile mine isn't showing, but when I reply, or look at a previous post I've made, it is showing. Weird! I did mess about a bit with it, as I felt like a change and tried a different photo, but it didn't work very well, so I reverted back to the old one. It didn't show on my profile, so I thought I'd messed it up, and left it. Today I noticed that it is back, but not showing in my profile! It's the wee ghosties! :)

Glenys

Pam Downes
29-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Most of us seem to have the wee ghosties :smile5: , Glenys, as almost everyone's avatar is missing from their profile.
I have found three people who have a picture in their profile but in those cases the picture in the profile is different to their avatar.
Pam

v.wells
29-05-2010, 6:18 PM
Thanks Bo - at least I'm not the only one experiencing wierd ghosties! :)

v.wells
29-05-2010, 6:31 PM
You took too long notanotherminer! Best to type it up elsewhere and then paste it into a thread - it times out otherwise :)

v.wells
29-05-2010, 7:43 PM
It's the simple things that get me every time :)