PDA

View Full Version : Priddy

Daphne
30-04-2005, 10:49 PM
I am trying to trace the Priddy family who seem to have originated in Purton. I know that there was an Anthony Priddy, born about 1716 who died in Walton on Thames in Surrey. Can anyone tell me who Anthony's parents were or anything about the Priddys?
Daphne

Ffortune
13-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Daphne
I don't have any Purton records to hand but I have checked Rodbourne Cheney.
There is a burial for an Anthony Priddy 31 July 1755 son of Christopher &Jane Priddy of Brinkworth.
regartds ffortune

idredge
27-12-2009, 10:43 AM
I have found a marriage for Anthony Priddy 18.5.1707 to Elizabeth Bathe in Purton but not christenings as yet. A possiblity for parents.

I don't have records for purton but I am visiting the bracknell family history fair in January hopefully the Wiltshire society will have done another CD of christenings, not sure what parishes it would cover thought so will have to wait and see. I have one already N & W of chippeningham.

I will put this on my list for when I go to Wiltshire, hopefully in 2010 sometime.

Irene

jeeb
27-12-2009, 3:44 PM
I have found a marriage for Anthony Priddy 18.5.1707 to Elizabeth Bathe in Purton but not christenings as yet. A possiblity for parents.

I don't have records for purton but I am visiting the bracknell family history fair in January hopefully the Wiltshire society will have done another CD of christenings, not sure what parishes it would cover thought so will have to wait and see. I have one already N & W of chippeningham.

I will put this on my list for when I go to Wiltshire, hopefully in 2010 sometime.

Irene

Hi Irene,
Daphne, who posted the original question re Anthony Priddy has not logged into this site for over 4 years so she will be unlikely to see any research you do on her behalf. If I were you Irene I wouldn't waste too much, if any of your precious time and effort on this project.

Jeremy

Daphne
30-12-2009, 3:13 PM
Hi
I shall be interested in your findings from the January family history fair. The priddy family seem to have started out in Purton and then gradually headed along the Thames to Walton on Thames in Surrey. One of the younger Anthonys married in Teddington in 1744. Before that date there were no Priddys in the area. They then seemed to head on down the river to Chelsea and then into London.
Daphne

jeeb
30-12-2009, 4:41 PM
Hi Daphne,
My sincere apologies for suggesting to Irene that you would not see any research she had offered to do on your behalf. I had assumed, wrongly it seems, that because you had not logged into BG Forums for over 4 years that you would not get the information and I didn't want Irene to waste valuable time. I now surmise that someone was able to contact you by e mail or some other means to tell you about Irene's offer of help. Whatever the reason it is nice to welcome you back and I hope Irene will unearth some helpful information for you.

Jeremy

idredge
13-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Hi Daphne

Made a note, I will see what the Wiltshire Society have new to offer because I have my fathers famlies from Box and Colerne I try to get as much as I can in the surrounding parishes. Doesn't make it any easier though still too many using the same names.

Just hope it stops snowing before the end of the month, had our fun enjoyed the whiteness now it can go thanks getting bored with being in doors so much.

Irene

Daphne
20-01-2010, 9:26 AM
Hi Daphne,
My sincere apologies for suggesting to Irene that you would not see any research she had offered to do on your behalf. I had assumed, wrongly it seems, that because you had not logged into BG Forums for over 4 years that you would not get the information and I didn't want Irene to waste valuable time. I now surmise that someone was able to contact you by e mail or some other means to tell you about Irene's offer of help. Whatever the reason it is nice to welcome you back and I hope Irene will unearth some helpful information for you.

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy
I do look at the Forum when I get an e-mail message telling me that someone has tried to contact me. I don't however routinely check the threads that have been newly posted for Wiltshire because I only have one surname interest in Wiltshire, and that is Priddy. Not many people are interested in that particular surname. So please don't write me off! I am still actively searching.
Daphne

idredge
28-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Hi Daphne

Where do you check for Walton on Thames, are they held at the Woking family history centre I am only a few minutes away by car so if you want anything checked out let me know.

Irene