View Full Version : belfast
07-07-2009, 8:32 AM
if you where born in belfast round about 1920/22,how does that work with place of birth,as if prior to 1922 it was classed as the county that you where born in and not as yet northern ireland,what would be listed on your birth certif as place of birth,ie county antrim or just belfast and or both. confused you bet.HELLLPPPP.
07-07-2009, 8:42 AM
If you don't know the date of birth you may have deal with two registration systems.
From GenUKI: "Records from 1864 to 1922, for all Ireland, and from 1922 for the Republic are held at the Office of the Registrar General, Joyce House, 8-11 Lombard Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. Northern Irish records since 1922 are held at the GRO, Oxford House, Chichester Street, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT1 4HL"
07-07-2009, 9:06 AM
thanks will give it a go,date of birth is 1920/21/22 born in belfast,but even the name is a problem ,willis dont seem to be many first time ive done irish records ,what a headache.
07-07-2009, 9:22 AM
I hope you've checked the GRONI website because, whatever GenUKI claims, it says that:
Certificates are available for the following life events:
* Births registered in Northern Ireland from 1 January 1864.
* Adoptions recorded in the Adopted Children Register Northern Ireland from 1 January 1931.
* Non-Roman Catholic marriages from 1 April 1845 and all marriages from 1 January 1864.
* Civil Partnerships registered in Northern Ireland from 5 December 2005.
* Deaths registered in Northern Ireland from 1 January 1864.
07-07-2009, 7:41 PM
If looking for births by county, be aware that Belfast is divided by the river Lagan. Those on one side of the river are in Co Antrim. Those on the other are in Co Down.
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.1.3 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.