PDA

View Full Version : Is A*** working right today?

v.wells
03-03-2008, 6:21 PM
I just purchased a new pc as my XP has gone for more servicing so have Vista(I know I said I wasn't going to have it but no choice in the matter). Yesterday A** worked fine - today is another matter.

I can get to my home page but get multiple continuous windows opening up whenever I want to do something. It says IE cannot open url****!

:confused:|banghead||soapbox|

I returned all security settings to default and restarted pc. Still no go.

Is this a technical problem their end or is it me?|help|

busyglen
03-03-2008, 6:27 PM
I don't have A******y but I tried a search and got in and produced results. I don't have anything else that I can try which will simulate what you are experiencing, but the main site appears to be working.

Glenys

ChrisKelly
03-03-2008, 6:34 PM
I've used Ancestry today without any problems. I just logged in again to check and it seems to be working normally. Sorry, but it must be your end. You do seem to having a lot of computer problems lately!

Alan Welsford
03-03-2008, 6:35 PM
A******y is working fine.

I'm afraid it must something to do with new PC or operating system.

It's this forum that goes dead on me for sometimes minutes at a time, when everything else is working just fine. |computer|

Alan

v.wells
03-03-2008, 6:38 PM
I've used Ancestry today without any problems. I just logged in again to check and it seems to be working normally. Sorry, but it must be your end. You do seem to having a lot of computer problems lately!

How nice to make that comment! How true!|blush|

I have tried other sites and they are fine - it's just A** pruducing multiple window tabs! I included it on trusted sites. So what else do I do?

Peter_uk_can
03-03-2008, 6:46 PM
I'm just glad I never got a computer.

Colin Moretti
03-03-2008, 6:49 PM
... A** pruducing multiple window tabs! I included it on trusted sites. So what else do I do?I had the same problem - it's because you've made it a trusted site (I think). Remove it from the list and you should be fine (at least, I was)

Colin

v.wells
03-03-2008, 6:59 PM
I'm just glad I never got a computer.

Phooey to you! I don't believe you for one moment!:)

v.wells
03-03-2008, 7:01 PM
I had the same problem - it's because you've made it a trusted site (I think). Remove it from the list and you should be fine (at least, I was)

Colin

Brilliant Colin!!|bowdown||bowdown|
It worked! How stupid is Vista anyway? (I think it is me!)

Thanks!:D

Peter_uk_can
03-03-2008, 7:03 PM
Could it be anything to do with a change in your IP address ?

Not that I have a clue really, but I read it somewhere once

Oooooooooppss too late. told you I hadn't a clue.

I thought Microdaft was allowing folk to buy XP instead of Vixen if they so wished ?

v.wells
03-03-2008, 8:16 PM
Don't know about that Peter - All I know is that all computers come with Vixen. My other computer problems are the fault of HP designing copyrighted motherboards, which makes sense (see other thread on code purple). Techie said he will have it fixed in no time and that pc doesn't have to go to Ontario where things get lost, never to be seen again!