PDA

View Full Version : Why men's letters don't appear on problem pages

Barbara Wilkinson
27-08-2007, 8:11 AM
Dear Abi

I've never written to you before, but I really need your advice on what could be a crucial decision. I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs... phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up.

My wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them." I always stay awake to look out for her taxi coming home, but she always walks down the drive.

Although I can hear a car driving off, as if she has gotten out of the car round the corner. Why? Maybe she wasn't in a taxi?

I once picked up her cell phone just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her. Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her.

I decided I was going to park my 2006 Yamaha R1 motorcycle next to the garage and then hide behind it so I could get a good view of the whole street when she came home. It was at that moment, crouching behind my Yamaha R1, that I noticed that the valve covers on my engine seemed to be leaking some oil.

Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the dealer?

Guy Etchells
27-08-2007, 10:35 AM
You have a serious problem there the valve covers on the Yamaha R1 motorcycle should never leak.
Take it back to the dealer quick time.:cool:
Cheers
Guy

MarkJ
27-08-2007, 11:41 AM
I agree with Guy - it could result in a seizure! Older Brit bikes often leak from the valve covers, but that is nothing to worry about. On a modern machine, any leak should be investigated and dealt with as soon as possible.
:D

Mark

MarkJ
27-08-2007, 11:47 AM
No - Guy and I gave the "modern man" views. A "real" man would get rid of the wife and buy another bike :D

Mark

Guy Etchells
27-08-2007, 1:46 PM
Correction a real man would never consider marrying a woman who could not at least service and strip his bike.
Cheers
Guy

MarkJ
27-08-2007, 1:50 PM
Indeed! My apologies Guy ;)
To be fair to my wife, we did have a Triumph 650 stripped down in a bedroom for a year or so and a Triumph Tiger Cub engine on the kitchen table regularly when we were first married without any complaints.

Mark

Mythology
27-08-2007, 2:33 PM
Triumph Tiger Cub engine on the kitchen table regularly :confused: :confused:
Is there any other place for a Tiger Cub engine? I don't see the point in putting it in the frame of the bike when you'll only have to take it out again in a week's time for yet another "minor repair". ;)

Ladkyis
27-08-2007, 5:48 PM
Oh my word that takes me back. My dad used to "dry off" components by putting them on top of the central heating boiler in the kitchen. this was a real old fashioned coke boiler about 4 feet tall, two feet wide and six feet long. the engine parts sat on top and 'cooked' The smell of the warm oil still sends my mind back to my childhood and memories of cold winter nights curled up on the chesterfield in the kitchen with a good book or listening to my grandpop reminiscing about his boxing career in the navy.

peter nicholl
27-08-2007, 7:00 PM
In my yoof, the bloke next door covered in the valve gear on his 1937 Norton, but then he also grafted a pair of Vincent Girdaulic forks onto it. He let me have his old deeply valanced front mudguard for my ex-DonR Matchless, which sported a Velocette fishtail exhaust. The latter gave a speed cop a chance to keep us hanging about on the newly opened M1, just because my pillion passenger waved to him when his bike was misfiring. Ah, happy days:)

Rove
28-08-2007, 6:44 AM
To be fair to my wife, we did have a Triumph 650 stripped down in a bedroom for a year or so and a Triumph Tiger Cub engine on the kitchen table regularly when we were first married without any complaints.

Mark

Mark, that's nothing.

Shortly after I got married I bought a P3 Rover, stripped it to bits and filled up 2 rooms in the house. Only the body shell stayed in the shed. Spent over two years rebulding the car. Most of the work done inside the house. Even done some spray painting indoors.

No complaints from my dearest. Been married 55 yrs but she's the Boss now !

kiwipom
01-09-2007, 8:35 PM
Dear ?

Oh dear, you do seem to have a number of serious problems to resolve but, thankfully help is at hand.

An affection for any Japanese m/c is our first priority.

Take immediate steps to visit the next Am & UK Motor Cycle show.

Seek some help from the very useful Ulysees m/c Club. Their members are sympathetic to your problem and will support you along the path to your recovery.

So she's spending time with the girls. I'm confident when your infatuation with the Ri is resolved she will return to enjoy your new found confidence.

Abi

Neil Wilson
01-09-2007, 8:43 PM

Mark Now they were motor bikes. Rode in the RAF, best machine then was a Triumph 700, with full police markings, didn't beat my BMW RT100. For some reason, no one would overtake me, must have been the florescent jacket :)