PDA

View Full Version : Marriage names clarification ??

HiFly
20-01-2007, 5:31 PM
I had a look at FreeBMD looking for the possible marriage of a James Vallis and a possible one came up at about the right time/place.

FreeBMD Q1 1853 Amesbury 5a 241

However it looks like this is only a partial entry/transcription as there are 2 males and only one female (entered twice I think)......and her surname is a Vallis as well...

Anyone got access to anything that might shed some light on this please ??

TIA - HiFly

get2BJ
20-01-2007, 6:34 PM
Hello HiFly,

I checked the reference on Ancestry and found that on that page there were 3 Vallis (1 male & 2 female). Along with a James Pearce, there was Faney Vallis, Fanny Vallis and James Vallis all shown on 1st Qtr 1853 Amesbury Vol 5a Page 241.

It's either a genuine coincidence or a mistake by whoever drew up the original handwritten index, but if you PM me with your email address I will send you a copy of the original images and you can decide for yourself.

Best wishes

Brenda

idredge
27-01-2007, 7:43 PM
In the Early Marriages there are 4 marriage to a page, 4 males and 4 females, you may have to wait a bit longer to be sure. This changed to 2 marriage per page in the mid 1860's.

Have you thought about a birth certificate after 1853 that would give the mothers surname then you could check to see if her name in the same quarter as James.

Irene