PDA

View Full Version : Advice please Wirral

looby
07-01-2007, 2:00 PM
Hi Wirral
I am hoping to go to the Libray soon,and as i only have a limited time to do my research i was wondering if you could help me.
I was looking through the online catalouge for the Library and discovered there was a index for prisoners. I am looking for details of a prisoner in 1903.Do you Know if these are on Microfilm or are they in the reading room?.
Information on the Prisoner would help me with my research as The Prisoner was my GGrandfathers cousin. They had a drunken fight, and as a result of my GGrandfathers injuries he died in the workhouse. I do have the workhouse records and also the inquest report from the Newspaper, which says the prisoner was not present at the inquest.
Regards Linda

Wirral
07-01-2007, 8:02 PM
I think the records you want are probably in the Archive room, for which you will need a Reader's Ticket - just take some form of ID with you, preferably with a photo & your address. The ticket is free - you just need to fill in a form.

Ring the library before you go (0151 233 5817), both to check exactly where the records are & also to book a machine to view microfilm & fiche. If you ask for a "Reader Printer", you get a machine that views both film & fiche & also prints out a copy. The machines are very busy, particularly up to 3pm, so you do need to book in advance.