PDA

View Full Version : Can't stay logged in - am I going nuts??

Philippa_Harvey
05-05-2010, 7:45 AM
Until yesterday when I did a disc cleanup I can't remember the last time I logged out. I usually stay logged in all the time because I pop back and forth to the forum quite a number of times during the day.

Yesterday I had to log in again. Nothing surprising about that because I'd cleared everything when I did my housekeeping. I left the forum and when I came back again I had to go through the procedure all over again.

This morning it was the same, and now yet again. I think I've logged in something like 5 times in the last 24 hours (close to that anyway). I'm sure there used to be some way for me to leave without closing the door?

I've changed nothing, altered no settings, only done the disc cleanup which has before only affected my first return. At the moment I feel as though I'm running around in circles - very confusing.

|help| - Please????

Philippa

Jan1954
05-05-2010, 7:59 AM
Hello Philippa,

There used to be a "Remember Me" box that could be checked and would keep you logged in. However, as you can see from Pam's thread here (http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php?59156-Brit-Gen-design-amendments.&p=395563&viewfull=1#post395563), Max has the Logging In/Out problems as the first item on his priority list.

Meanwhile, just stay on the forum!

Philippa_Harvey
05-05-2010, 8:17 AM
:censored: Just had to log in again!!!!

Thanks, Jan. I've been following the "fix me quick" thread but obviously not as closely as I should. If I had, then this post would not have been necessary and Bo might have been able to avoid another aspirin!!

Poor Bo, she does such a spectacular job all round that it's a shame these things are coming so thick and fast and hitting her around the head.

As far as staying on the forum is concerned, that wouldn't be a painful exercise at all (except that other people in the house whose names shall NOT be mentioned might take another view!!).

From a positive point of view I haven't had problems with the site in general (and I don't mind the tree at all!!).

:cheers2:

Philippa

Philippa_Harvey
05-05-2010, 8:34 AM
Thanks, Pam, will do.

Simple, isn't it (when you know how)?

:crazy:

Philippa

Philippa_Harvey
05-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Woke up this morning to a lovely surprise.

Remember me is Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND the white background for the smilies!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, Max - and thank you Bo for your "tto do" list!!!

:party: |jumphappy